- Meetings, agendas and minutes
Locations of West Midlands Bike Share docks
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 16th November, 2018 to Friday, 7th December, 2018
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
West Midlands Bike Share
You will soon be able to hire bikes across the West Midlands from as little as 50p. Simply, hire it, ride it and return it to any official docking station.
Our West Midlands bike share scheme is operated by nextbike (UK) (LTD) who have several other schemes in the UK and internationally. As a nextbike customer you will be able to access nextbikes across the world.
The West Midlands bike share scheme will expand across Birmingham, Solihull, the Black Country and Coventry.
You can find out more and view the proposed docking station locations in Wolverhampton by clicking on the links below.
Bike Share FAQ
What is Bike share?
A bike share scheme enables residents and visitors to hire a cycle quickly and conveniently without the need to own a bike or maintain it. You can hire the bike for as little or as long as you need it, whether it is a ten minute commute to the office or leisurely afternoon canal ride. It is a cost effective way of travelling as you can ride from as little as 50p per 30 minutes.
nextbike provide flexible pricing according to your needs, whether you are a daily or monthly user.
Pay as you go:
· You will be able to hire a cycle for as little as 50p per 30 minutes on pay as you go.
· If you are a regular user the annual pass includes the first 30 minutes of every journey as free. The annual pass is £30 per year.
How it works
You will need to register with the West Midlands official bike share provider nextbike. For more information, visit: nextbike.co.uk/westmidlands
To take part in this consultation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
City of Wolverhampton Council
St Peter’s Square
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details: