Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To provide an overview of the 2021-2022 Provisional Local Government Finance Settlement.
1. That the Collection Fund Council Tax Base for 2021-2022 be set at 63,580.55 Band D equivalents.
2. That the Collection Fund Business Rates, also referred to as Non-Domestic (NDR), Net Rate Yield for 2021-2022 be set at £68.9 million.
3. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Resources in consultation with the Director of Finance to approve amendments to:
a. The final Business Rates Net Yield as required as a result of changes to the NNDR 1 form (National Non-Domestic Rates return) by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government or data revisions and changes in projections;
b. The Council Tax Base as a result of any data revisions and changes in projections.
4. That the responses from the Scrutiny Board in relation to the Draft Budget and Medium Term Financial Strategy 2021-2022 to 2023-2024 be received and noted.
5. That the outcome of the 2021-2022 Provisional Local Government Finance Settlement be noted.
6. That it be noted that the budget engagement process forms part of the continuous dialogue throughout the year with residents and key stakeholders on council priorities and the budget.
7. That it be noted that the final budget report presented to Cabinet in February 2021 would reflect the outcome of the settlement and detailed budget work for 2021-2022, including a review of all budget reduction proposals and the risks associated with their delivery.
Report author: Mohammed Hasan
Publication date: 21/01/2021
Date of decision: 20/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/01/2021 - Cabinet