Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To note the Gender Pay Gap Report 2020.
1. The contents of the report on the Gender Pay Gap as of the snapshot date of 31 March 2020 be noted.
2. That it be noted that the median Gender Pay Gap for 31 March 2020 is 0.0% and the mean is 4.24%.
3. That it be noted that the comparison with March 2019 data – the median Gender Pay Gap was 0.23% and the mean was 4.54%.
4. That the proportion of men and women in each quartile in our pay structure as of 31 March 2020 be noted.
5. That the actions the Council has taken so far to improve equality, diversity and inclusion within the workplace be noted.
6. That the actions proposed to continue to remove inequality and further promote equality, diversity and inclusion be noted
7. That it be noted that the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) regulations 2017 only requires organisations to report on the gender pay gap. In addition to this, the Council have chosen to report on the race pay gap and the disability pay gap to identify areas for improvement. The Council would continue to expand this portfolio and hopes to include a review of the LGBTQ+ pay gap soon.
Report author: Sukhvinder Mattu
Publication date: 18/03/2021
Date of decision: 17/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2021 - Cabinet