Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the adults social care externally comissioned care services fees for 2021-2022.
1. That the proposed increase in fee levels for 2021-2022 as recommended in the report to meet the additional costs (employee and employer) resulting from the increases to the National Living Wage (NLW) and where applicable increases to sustain the care market be approved.
2. That any increase in fees are in effect from 5 April 2021. (This date is aligned to charging processes and the capability of the payment system).
3. That it be noted that engagement has been undertaken with current care and support providers as part of the fee review to listen to feedback, however due to current financial restraints the recommendations are not solely based on provider requests.
4. That it be noted that the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has changed the usual demand and take up of care services. The long-term impact of Covid-19 cannot be predicted, and the Adults Commissioning Team would continuously review sufficiency within the market.
5. That it be noted that the Adults Commissioning Team continuously works with providers in developing the social care market to ensure a shared approach between the Council and social care providers to meet resident’s needs.
6. That it be noted that the Adults and Safer City Scrutiny Panel endorsed the proposed recommendations in its 8 March 2021 meeting.
Report author: Alicia Wood
Publication date: 18/03/2021
Date of decision: 17/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2021 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel