Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the Capital Programme 2021-2022 to 2025-2026 Quarter Two Review
That Council is recommended to approve:
1. The revised, medium term General Revenue Account capital programme of £298.1 million, an increase of £6.7 million from the previously approved programme, and the change in associated resources.
That Cabinet approves:
1. The virements for the General Revenue Account capital programme detailed at Appendix 4 to the report for:
i. existing projects totalling £4.3 million;
ii. new projects totalling £1.7 million.
2. The virements for the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) capital programme detailed at Appendix 4 to the report for:
i. existing projects totalling £3.6 million.
The Cabinet notes:
1. That there is an intentional ‘over-programming’ of projects to reflect the reality that some projects will inevitably be delayed due to unexpected circumstances or changes to priorities. Over-programming aims to ensure that, as far as possible, the resources available are fully utilised.
2. That the following capital projects are included in a bid for external European Regional Development Fund grant as part of the Wolverhampton Investment in Smart Energy programme. If successful, and subject to confirmation of grant funding, this could attract up to 40% of external funding that would reduce the amount of internal resources required to fund the Corporate Asset Management programme. Any realised changes in resources as a result of grant confirmation will be reflected in future monitoring reports for approval.
· Aldersley Leisure Centre (Hockey Pitches) – External lighting to include electrical controls & lighting columns;
· Bradley Resource Centre – Mechanical Plant upgrade;
· Civic Centre – Flue replacement.
Report author: Rasa Jurkeviciene
Publication date: 18/11/2021
Date of decision: 17/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/11/2021 - Cabinet