Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the appointment of contractors, for further investigative works to be undertaken, seek approval for statutory regulation advertising and to note the intension to submit the full business case for external funding for the delivery of the project.
Councillor John Reynolds presented the report on progress with the Westside Link project, the next steps for the project. Approval was requested for the next stage of the project as it moved into the delivery phase.
The Chair reported that Councillor Roger Lawrence had received an email from a resident on the report querying whether the Westside Link scheme had already been passed and whether the public’s views were being taken into consideration. Councillor Lawrence had responded to confirm that the scheme had not been approved, and that the report was seeking approval to the preparation of a business case for external funding and that the scheme was subject to a further report after the consultation ended in January 2019.
1. That the appointment of a contractor in order to undertake Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) under the Midlands Highway Alliance Medium Scheme framework be approved.
2. That the creation of a budget of £100,000 from the Regeneration Reserve to fund advanced works, prior to grant application approval be approved.
3. That the advertising of Traffic Regulation Orders related to the scheme be authorised and authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Environment in consultation with the Service Director of City Environment to approve the sealing and implementation of the Orders subject to the appropriate approvals being in place.
4. That the Director of Governance be authorised to sign a variation to the Advanced Quality Partnership Scheme agreement with the West Midlands Combined Authority.
5. The submission of a full business case to the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership/ West Midlands Combined Authority for delivery funding for phase 1 and 2 of the Westside Link project in the context of the wider vision bid for future phases as they come forward be noted.
6. That it be noted that a further report would be presented in January 2019 on the outcome of the consultation and to seek approval to establish a project budget to undertake the delivery of the scheme in order that the projected delivery timescales can be met.
Report author: Ruth Taylor
Publication date: 06/11/2018
Date of decision: 06/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 06/11/2018 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 13/11/2018