- Meetings, agendas and minutes
Wolverhampton Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Wolverhampton Multi-Agency
Safeguarding Arrangements, compliant with Working Together
1. That the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements for children, as approved by the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children’s Board, be endorsed to ensure compliance with the Social Work Act 2017 and subsequent guidance set out in Working Together 2018.
2. That the application of the outlined proposals for the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children’s Board to be applied to the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Adult’s Board be endorsed, to ensure the continued integration of the arrangements going forward.
3. That it be agreed that City of Wolverhampton Council, as a statutory safeguarding partner in both arrangements, participate within the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Together arrangements, as set out in Appendix 1 to this report.
4. That it be noted that the new arrangements for children were published on 28 June 2019 in line with statutory requirements and will take affect from 30 September 2019.
Report author: Andrew Wolverson
Publication date: 01/08/2019
Date of decision: 31/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 31/07/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/08/2019