Decision Maker: Cabinet
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the 'Future Generations: Our Climate Commitment' which states the Council's vision for tackling the Climate Crisis.
1. That Full Council be recommended to approve the Our Climate Commitment document.
2. That progress to date in reducing the carbon footprint of the City of Wolverhampton Council from 28,500 tCO2 in 2012-2013 to 16,000 tCO2 on 2018-2019, a reduction of 45% be noted.
3. That the change in how the City of Wolverhampton Council procures its energy would remove a further 50% from its carbon footprint in 2020-2021 be noted.
4. That it be noted that consultation has taken place on the Our Climate Commitment document including holding a Citizens Assembly, engaging with #OneGreenGov and Sustainability West Midlands which has helped shape and develop our final document.
5. That it be noted that the Cabinet would receive a further report in the new municipal year highlighting the actions required to meet the aspirations detailed in Our Climate Commitment.
Report author: Isaac Vivian
Publication date: 19/03/2020
Date of decision: 18/03/2020
Decided at meeting: 18/03/2020 - Cabinet