Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the delivery of newbuild council housing across 16 former garage sites and small infill pockets of land across the City.
1. That development totalling £8.0 million as part of the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) capital programme for Small Sites for the delivery of the small site council housing newbuild programme providing an additional 56 homes across 16 sites in the City be approved.
2. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing in consultation with the Director of City Environment to approve any variation from the identified sites for Phase Five of the small sites new build programme.
3. That surplus areas of land fronting Park View Road former garage site, Bilston North be declared surplus to improve the access and appearance of the site.
4. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing, in consultation with the Director of City Environment, to approve the award of a contract for the works required to construct several traditional build homes on various site across Wolverhampton City when the tender evaluation process is completed.
5. That authority be delegate to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing in consultation with the Director of City Environment and the Director of Finance, to approve agreements including deed of covenants, wayleave and easement agreements, collateral warrantees, assignments and other such ancillary agreements, including capital variations as may be deemed necessary to facilitate the developments.
6. That the success to date of the small sites newbuild Council Housing programme, which is currently delivering 39 new homes across the City through J. Harper & Sons (Leominster) be noted.
Report author: Steve North
Publication date: 24/06/2020
Date of decision: 23/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/06/2020 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 01/07/2020