Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide a synopsis of the Future High Streets Fund bid, and progress updates and timescales for the next steps in the awarding of grant.
Councillor Ian Brookfield present the update report on the £22.85 million bid to Government for Future High Streets Fund to revitalise the area known as City Centre West. Councillor Steve Evans highlighted the public realm enhancement projects within the bid.
Councillor John Reynolds sought clarification on whether it was intended for Cabinet to receive reports for approval on each individual project within the Council’s bid. David Pattison, Director of Governance advised that Cabinet would have to approve the individual business case for each project. However, that could be delegated down to the appropriate Cabinet member(s) to approve through an Individual Executive Decision Notice.
1. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Members for City Economy, City Environment and Resources in consultation with the Directors of Regeneration, City Environment and Finance to approve the full terms and conditions of a resultant Future High Streets Fund grant funding agreement.
2. That it be noted that the capital costs, funded by internal resources, included in the report have been incorporated into the ‘Capital Programme 2020-2021 to 2024-2025 Quarter Two Review’ report, which is also on the agenda and would subsequently be reported to Full Council for approval on the 18 November 2020, assuming that Cabinet approval to progress with the project is given. As the progression is dependent on that decision, if the project is not approved, the capital programme would be reduced accordingly.
3. That it be noted that Cabinet would receive future update reports that would detail the individual projects within the Future High Streets Fund bid.
4. That it be noted that if the City Centre West Future High Streets bid is unsuccessful or a reduced grant is awarded, the spending commitment may be reviewed accordingly.
5. That the land assembly strategy for the Future High Streets Fund area and previous Cabinet approvals as set out in the report be noted.
Report author: Zareena Ahmed-Shere
Publication date: 12/11/2020
Date of decision: 11/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/11/2020