Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the Capital Programme 2020-2021 to
2024-2025 Quarter Three Review and 2021-2022 to 2025-2026 Budget
That Council be recommended to approve:
1. The revised City of Wolverhampton Council Capital Strategy.
2. The revised, medium term General Revenue account capital programme of £316.4 million, an increase of £1.6 million from the previously approved programme, and the change in associated resources.
That Cabinet approves:
1. The virements for the General Revenue Account capital programme detailed at Appendix 5 to the report for:
i. existing projects totalling £3.8 million;
ii. new projects totalling £971,000.
2. Continuation of both delegations to the Cabinet Member for Resources, in consultation with the Director of Finance, to approve the allocation of:
i. The Corporate Contingency to individual projects in order that corporate priorities may be addressed in an agile and timely manner;
ii. The Transformation Development Efficiency Strategy to individual transformation projects in order to benefit from the capital receipts flexibility announced in the Autumn Statement 2015 and in line with the Medium Term Financial Strategy.
3. Delegated authority to the Cabinet Member for City Environment, in consultation with the Director of City Environment and Director of Finance, to approve the payments of grants related to the Black Country Blue Network Phase 2 programme where appropriate in order that projects can be progressed in a timely manner.
Report author: Claire Nye
Publication date: 18/02/2021
Date of decision: 17/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/02/2021 - Cabinet