Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve Housing Management functions changes.
The recommendations contained in the report, Transfer of Housing Management Functions of Springfield Horseshoe Stock to Wolverhampton Homes, were moved by Councillor Stephen Simkins and seconded by Councillor Ian Brookfield.
Councillor Bhupinder Gakhal reported on steps being undertaken to facilitate the voluntary winding up of Springfield Horseshoe Housing Management Cooperative as one of the Council's Housing Managing Agents and on the transfer of the housing management responsibilities to Wolverhampton Homes.
1. That the steps required from the City of Wolverhampton Council (Council) to support the winding down of Springfield Horseshoe Housing Management Cooperative (SHHMC) be approved.
2. That the transfer of the management responsibilities of the 249 properties under SHHMC management to Wolverhampton Homes, as the Council nominated housing managing agent be approved.
3. That the transfer of the SHHMC management allowance of £360,000 for 2021-2022 to Wolverhampton Homes net of costs incurred by the Council on behalf of SHHMC during 2021-2022 be approved.
4. That the City Council in purchasing three properties owned by SHHMC be approved. These properties would be purchased under the Affordable Housing Conversion Programme, would become part of the Council’s affordable housing stock, to be managed by Wolverhampton Homes.
5. That it be agreed that provisional support arrangements would be provided by Wolverhampton Homes to help in the development of any partnership or Residents Group if one is required.
6. That it be agreed that the net cash balance generated from the winding down of SHHMC be transferred to the Council and ringfenced for investment on the SHHMC estate following consultation with residents.
7. That it be agreed that Housing Strategy continue providing the support needed help facilitate the winding up of SHHMC, including overseeing the TUPE transfer of SHHMC staff to Wolverhampton Homes and the Council.
Report author: Melissa Green
Publication date: 09/09/2021
Date of decision: 08/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/09/2021 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 15/09/2021