Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To report on the
current structural condition of council owned properties (7, 9 11)
and the privately owned property at 5 Gogh Avenue; and to recommend
the preferred option to address the current issues.
1. That the rehousing of the tenant at 7 Gough Avenue and award priority status Band One to assist with rehousing timescales be approved.
2. That statutory Home Loss compensation and Disturbance payments be awarded to the tenants of 7 and 9 Gough Avenue in line with Land Compensation Act 1973 and agree to pay 25% in advance, once alternative suitable accommodation is offered and accepted, if required.
3. That negotiations be entered into to acquire the privately owned property at 5 Gough Avenue.
4. That authority be delegated to the Deputy Leader: City Housing in consultation with the Director of Resident Services to agree the expenditure on the purchase of 5 Gough Avenue.
5. That the council owned properties at 7, 9 and 11 Gough Avenue be declared surplus to requirements.
6. That the demolition of 5, 7, 9 and 11 Gough Avenue when 5 Gough Avenue is within council ownership be approved.
7. That the findings on the structural condition and ground investigation report for 9 and 11 Gough Avenue, Wednesfield be noted.
Report author: Karen Beasley
Publication date: 16/11/2023
Date of decision: 15/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2023 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 21/11/2023