Decision Maker: Cabinet
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the Senior Pay Policy Statement 2019-2020.
Council is recommended to:
1. Approve the Senior Pay Policy Statement for 2019 - 2020.
2. Approve the publication of the Senior Pay Policy Statement in line with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011.
3. Note that the Service Director and Director grades become a single grade 13 recognising the parity of the roles and responsibilities of the postholders.
4. Note that the Senior Pay Policy Statement 2019-2020 now incorporates a delegation to the Leader of the Council, in consultation with the Head of Paid Service, to approve additional payments to senior management, upon cessation of employment, in addition to redundancy payments where these amount to less than £100,000 in total.
5. Note that the constitution will require some changes to comply with legislation and this Senior Pay Policy. These will be reported to a future Governance Committee.
Report author: Gurpaven Hayer
Publication date: 28/03/2019
Date of decision: 27/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 27/03/2019 - Cabinet