Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the update on the impact of the
2018 HRA and the transfer of operational homeless services to
1. That a review of the 2019-2020 Housing Options Service and Temporary Accommodation provision be approved.
2. That the setting up of a supplementary expenditure budget of £718,000 in 2019-2020 as a result of receipt of Homelessness grant funding be approved and authority delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing and the Director of City Housing to allocate the grant.
3. That the use of an additional ten Council housing properties for temporary accommodation use be approved.
4. That the transition in 2017 transferring operational homelessness and support services from the City Council to Wolverhampton Homes, the City’s management agent, be noted.
5. That the initial findings in relation to the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 on service delivery be noted.
6. That the City’s partnership working that has arisen as a direct response to the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 be noted.
Report author: Anthony Walker
Publication date: 06/06/2019
Date of decision: 05/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 13/06/2019