Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the award of contracts.
The Panel considered proposals for the award of contracts for works, good and services. Paragraph 6.13 of the report was corrected by the substitution of the work ‘Leisure’ for the word ‘Licensing’.
1. That the variation of the contracts with Turner and Townsend Limited of Low Hall, Calverley Lane, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4GH for Provision of Programme Management for the City Learning Quarter until to 31 December 2019 with a variation value of £400,000 be approved.
2. That the extension of the contract with Biffa Waste Services Limited of Coronation Road Cressex High Wycombe Buckinghamshire HP12 3TZ for the use of a residual disposal point (landfill) for a duration of seven months from 1 September 2019 to 31 March 2020 with an estimated extension value of £254,000 be approved.
3. That the extension of the contract with S & B Waste Management and Recycling Limited of 39 High Street, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton for waste disposal (bulky, rubble, plasterboard) for a duration of seven months from 1 September 2019 to 31 March 2020 with an estimated extension value of £205,000 be approved.
4. That the extension of the contract with UPM-Kymmene (UK) Limited, Shotton Paper Weighbridge Road, Shotton, Flintshire, CH5 2LL for the use of a Material Recycling Facility (MRF) and selling of associated recycled materials for a duration of seven months from 1 September 2019 to 31 March 2020 with an estimated extension value of £544,000 be approved.
5. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Environment, in consultation with the Director of City Environment, to approve the award of a contract for works to infill the Craddock Street Subway when the evaluation process is complete.
6. That the variation of the contract with Idox plc of 2nd floor, 1310 Waterside, Arlington Business Park, Theale, RG7 4SA for Taxi Licencing development and configuration from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2025 with a variation value of £560,500 be approved.
7. That the partnership allocation with Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust to secure the delivery of the 0-19 Healthy Child Programme and Sexual Health services for a period of up to ten years from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2029 be increased by £535,000 taking the total maximum contract value to £77,488,750. An annual review of the partnership arrangement would consider where efficiencies can be made with a view to reducing costs over the lifetime of the partnership.
8. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Public Health and Wellbeing in consultation with the Director of Public Health, to approve the details of the partnering agreement to include the additional funding of £535,000 and the additional relevant ancillary services in the partnering arrangement.
9. That the extension of the contract with Cipfa C. Co. Limited of The Quadrant Mercury Court, Chester West Employment Park, Chester, CH1 4QR for Digital Transformation Project Management Support, for a duration of up to six months with a maximum value of £100,000 be approved.
10. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Children and Young People in consultation with the Director of Children’s Services to approve the award of a contract for the provision of key workers for the Young Persons Team for two years following the completion of a compliant procurement process. The maximum contract value over the two years is £350,000.
11. That the Chief Legal Officer and staff with appropriate delegated authority be authorised to execute contracts in respect of the above as required.
12.That the exemptions to the Contract Procedure Rules approved by the Head of Procurement and Director of Finance from 15 September 2018 to 31 March 2019 as set out in Appendix 1 to the report be noted.
Report author: Sean Hynes
Publication date: 23/07/2019
Date of decision: 23/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 23/07/2019 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 30/07/2019