Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide an update on external funding bids and seek necessary approvals for externally funded bids.
1. That the project change request for the AIM for GOLD project extension and contract variation for the Black Country Impact project extension be approved.
2. That the creation of a fully funded revenue budget to support and add value to the Bilston Business Improvement District’s (BID) Christmas activities be approved. The funding to be principally sourced through the West Midlands Combined Authority’s (WMCA) Town Centres Programme.
3. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Economy and the Cabinet Member for Resources, in consultation with the Director of Regeneration and Director of Finance to:
a. Approve acceptance of the grant funding agreements/variation and the Council entering into such agreements if the projects referred to in recommendation 1 above are successful at project change request stage.
b. Approve necessary budgets in line with the funding agreement/variation if the projects referred to in recommendation 1 above are successful at project change request stage.
c. Approve the use of the indirect costs element of any ERDF grant to cover any additional administrative costs associated with the above EU funded programmes
d. Approve the signing of any necessary funding and other legal agreements with the WMCA and the Bilston BID to support the BID’s events programme
4. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Economy and the Cabinet Member for Resources, in consultation with the Director of Regeneration and Director of Finance to:
a. Approve reimbursement of ERDF grant to delivery partners who are awarded ERDF grant for the AIM for GOLD extension.
b. Approve the payment of grants to businesses who are awarded ERDF grant for AIM for GOLD extension
5. That the acceptance of the Arts Council grant funding and the creation of a fully funded revenue budget of £20,000 for the Cultural Compact project, in line with the funding agreement be approved.
6. That the increase in the post of Enterprise Team Co-ordinator within the AIM for GOLD project from part-time to full-time in light of additional administrative burden from 1 January 2020 until March 2023 and the funding of the additional costs from the AIM for GOLD grant be approved.
7. That the Black Country Executive Joint Committee’s Collaboration Agreement be amended to reflect Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council’s role as single accountable body for all Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership funding.
8. That it be noted that the match funding requirement for the Black Country Impact Extension and AIM for GOLD projects (extension of existing projects) are met via the Wolves at Work budget over the lives of the projects. If these commitments are not met, appropriate match funding from another source will be required or the grant funding will be at risk.
Report author: Heather Clark
Publication date: 18/12/2019
Date of decision: 17/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/12/2019