Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve amendments to Council Budget and
decisions related to Council actions as result of
1. Established supplementary revenue expenditure budgets totalling £174,265 for the enforcement surge funding fully funded by Government Grant to support the financial implications of increased enforcement on Covid compliance.
2. Established supplementary revenue budgets totalling £198,000, fully funded by the Next Steps Accommodation Programme for continuing to support rough sleepers supported during the Covid response.
3. Established supplementary revenue budgets totalling £273,765.47 fully funded by Government Grant for the new test and Trace Payment scheme.
4. Agreed payments to individuals under the new Test and Trace Support Payment scheme who have tested positive for Covid-19 and their close contacts, in line with Government Guidance in line with the information in section 2 of the report.
5. Approved the Council extending the grant agreement already in place between the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and CQC registered care providers in the city together with any ancillary documents necessary for the Council to receive Infection Prevention Control Grant.
6. Approved an increase of £3.0 million to the supplementary budget of £3.3m created on 16 June 2020 and expenditure in line with the grant terms and conditions. The additional monies are fully funded by the Adult Social Care Infection Prevention Ring Fenced Grant Round 2, October 2020 – March 2021 provided by MHCLG. This funding will be paid as a Section 31 grant ring fenced exclusively for actions which support CQC registered care homes and community care providers mainly to tackle the risk of Covid19 infections and is in addition to funding already received. 80% of the ring-fenced grant must transfer directly to CQC registered Care Homes and Providers in the city (2403 beds in total and 2281 in receipt of community care) and 20% spent by the local authority in line with grant conditions.
7. Approved the proposed communication and process for allocation and monitoring of 80% of the grant funding to Care Homes and Providers in line with the grant conditions as set out in section 3.
8. Approved the plan for the allocation of the 20% of grant funding to the Wolverhampton System in line with the grant conditions as set out in section 3.
9. Endorsed the contract entered into for the supply of additional PPE gloves to ensure a continuous supply of gloves for health and safety purposes for the Council and partners for £330,000.
Publication date: 13/10/2020
Date of decision: 09/10/2020