Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the rehousing of existing tenants and the demolition of properties as mentioned within the report.
Councillor Jacqueline Sweetman presented the report on a proposal to cease tenancies; rehouse tenants and demolish two properties on Old Fallings Crescent to enable future redevelopment of the site at Old Fallings Crescent.
1. That entering negotiations with the tenants of 149 and 151 Old Fallings Crescent with a view to terminating tenancies to enable the Council to incorporate the properties into the re-development site be approved.
2. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing, in consultation with the Director of City Environment to approve:
· Ceasing lettings and suspending the right to buy for tenants of 149 and 151 Old Fallings Crescent.
· The serving of notices to terminate tenancies under s138A-B and Schedule 5A of the Housing Act 1985.
· The allocation of tenants into like for like alternative temporary accommodation to facilitate the development.
· The allocation of tenants of 149 and 151 Old Fallings Crescent into the new build accommodation once the development is complete, achieved through a local lettings plan.
· Statutory Home Loss Compensation of £6,500 for each tenant affected by the re-development proposals. Approve further Statutory Home Loss Compensation for each tenant that has previously qualified for compensation as a result of moving into temporary accommodation and into newbuild accommodation on the site.
· Disturbance payments up to the value of £1,500 for each resident affected by the redevelopment. Approve further disturbance payments of £1,500 once the tenants move into the new build accommodation on the site.
· The use of Schedule 2 to the Housing Act 1985, Ground 10, if required to seek possession of the properties.
· The demolition of 149 and 151 Old Fallings Crescent once the tenancies are terminated and properties are vacant.
3. That the delegation of any other agreements including deed of covenants, collateral warranties, assignments and such other ancillary agreements, including variations as may be deemed necessary to facilitate the redevelopment of the estate to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing in consultation with the Director of City Environment be approved.
4. That it be noted that an architect and construction contractor to design and build out the site would be procured separately from this report.
5. That it be noted that further reports on the re-development proposals for the site would be submitted to Cabinet (Resources) Panel.
Report author: Anu birdi
Publication date: 18/03/2021
Date of decision: 17/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2021 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 24/03/2021