Council is recommended to:
1. Approve the Senior Pay Policy Statement for 2019
2. Approve the publication of the Senior Pay Policy
Statement in line with the requirements of the Localism Act
3. Note that the Service Director and Director
grades become a single grade 13 recognising the parity of the roles
and responsibilities of the postholders.
4. Note that the Senior Pay Policy Statement
2019-2020 now incorporates a delegation to the Leader of the
Council, in consultation with the Head of Paid Service, to approve
additional payments to senior management, upon cessation of
employment, in addition to redundancy payments where these amount
to less than £100,000 in total.
5. Note that the constitution will require some
changes to comply with legislation and this Senior Pay Policy.
These will be reported to a future Governance Committee.