Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To present the Council's commitment to work with partners to support the City's economic growth and recovery.
1. That the approach to maximise the Wolverhampton Pound, including the vision, objectives and priority areas for action for the next 12 months to increase local spend, creating more jobs and opportunities set out in appendix 1 to the report be approved.
2. That Cabinet endorse and support the delivery of the action plan through the Wolverhampton Anchor Network to take forward the actions and recommendations of the report.
3. That the allocation of £56,000 from the Recovery Reserve, to fund the costs associated with the delivery of the 12 month action plan to progress with the priority actions identified in the report be approved.
4. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Resources in consultation with the Director of Finance, to accept external funding and approve supplementary budgets necessary to reflect external funding offered by The Health Foundation as part of their Economies for Healthier Lives fund as a result of a successful grant funding application.
5. That it be noted that the Wolverhampton Pound vision, principles and action plan were co-produced after extensive engagement with city partners, businesses and the voluntary and community sector.
Report author: Laura Collings
Publication date: 21/01/2021
Date of decision: 20/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/01/2021