Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to a programme of capital
funded projects to develop and maintain the transportation network
for the financial year 2017/18 and future years.
1. That the list of projects for development and implementation as part of the Transportation Capital Programme 2017/18 and future years, as set out in appendices B and C to the report, be agreed.
2. That the Head of Strategic Transportation and the Head of Highways Network be authorised to proceed with development work for each project on the list including surveying, site investigation, options appraisal, feasibility analysis, traffic modelling, detailed design, statutory advertising and public consultation, as appropriate.
3. That the projects marked ‘Approve’ in the ‘Approval’ column of appendix B to the report for implementation be approved, subject to the availability of funding.
4. That the Cabinet Member for City Environment be authorised, in consultation with the Service Director, City Environment to approve, through an Individual Executive Decision Notice, implementation of the projects on the list marked ‘IEDN’ in the ‘Approval’ column of appendix B to the report, subject to the satisfactory outcome of public consultation, availability of funding and any other relevant considerations.
5. That the Cabinet Member for City Environment be authorised, in consultation with the Service Director, City Environment to approve, through an Individual Executive Decision Notice, the bringing forward of projects from appendix C to the report to appendix B to the report and thereafter to approve them for implementation during 2017/18 subject to the satisfactory outcome of public consultation, availability of funding and any other relevant considerations.
6. That it be agreed to receive further reports at the appropriate times in order to obtain the necessary authority to construct the projects marked ‘Cabinet’ in the ‘Approval’ column of appendix B to the report.
7. That the Director of Governance be authorised to serve all necessary notices in respect of the projects listed in appendix B to the report and, subject to there being no unresolved objections, make traffic regulation orders as required.
8. That the Director of Finance be authorised to enter into funding agreements with the various funding bodies to receive grant funding in respect of the projects included in the report.
9. That the delegation of authority to the Cabinet Member for City Environment and the Cabinet Member for Resources, in consultation with the Strategic Director for Place and Director of Finance to approve capital budgets for transport schemes upon receipt of a grant offer letter be approved.
1. That the expenditure and progress made in delivering the projects in the Transportation Capital Programme during 2016/17, as set out in appendix A to the report, be noted.
2. That the Council’s continuing success in bidding for additional funding and delivering new projects through the Highway Maintenance Challenge Fund, the Local Pinch Point Fund, the Access to Growth Fund, the Managing Short Trips programme and more recently the National Productivity Investment Fund be noted.
Report author: Gwyn James
Publication date: 27/04/2017
Date of decision: 26/04/2017
Decided at meeting: 26/04/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 03/05/2017