Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Procurement - Award of Contracts for Works, Goods and Services
The Panel considered proposals for the award of contracts for works, goods and services.
Councillor Paul Sweet informed the Panel that in relation to the contract for Voluntary Adoption Agency Services, the proposed employee delegation should be to the Director of Children’s Services and not the Strategic Director for People.
1. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing, in consultation with the Strategic Director for Place, to approve the award of two contracts: (1) Site Investigations; (2) Ground Stabilisation, when the evaluation process is completed.
2. That the contract for Tuberculosis and Infection Prevention Control services be awarded to Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust of New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 0QP for two years with the option to extend for an additional two years from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2023, for a maximum contract value of £1.072 million.
3. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Adults, in consultation with the Strategic Director for People, to approve the award of the contract for Community Activities Young People and Adults under 65, when the evaluation process is completed.
4. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Children and Young People, in consultation with the Director for Children’s Services, to approve the award of the contract Voluntary Adoption Agency Services when the negotiation process is complete.
5. That the Director of Governance be authorised to execute contracts in respect of the above as required.
Report author: Chanpreet Dhesi
Publication date: 05/02/2019
Date of decision: 05/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/02/2019 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 12/02/2019