Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve City of Wolverhampton Council’s vote for the next round of the BID Ballot in respect of the hereditaments in the Council’s ownership.
Councillor Harman Banger presented the Wolverhampton City Centre Business Improvement District (BID) report that was exempt as it contained information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
1. That the Council’s vote be exercised in support of the proposed BID Ballot in respect of the hereditaments in the Council’s ownership within the BID area and authority be delegated to the Director of Regeneration to complete and return the voting papers on behalf of the Council.
2. That the Cabinet Member for City Economy be authorised to sit as the Council Board member on the BID Board, should the BID Ballot be successful for another five years.
3. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Economy, in consultation with the Director of Regeneration and the Director of Finance, to:
a. formally approve the BID Business Plan and associated documents
b. charge the BID company annual administration and software support charges for the collection of the BID levy which is estimated to be in the region of £17,300. In addition, there would also be an implementation (one-off) cost of £5,500 in year one. These costs are for the first year, with the option to review on an annual basis for the duration of the BID (five years) and to cover the Council’s costs associated with collection of the BID levy.
c. Delegate authority to the Cabinet Member for City Economy, in consultation with Chief Legal Officer, to negotiate, agree and complete the necessary legal agreements required for the proposed BID renewal and any other agreements to give effect to the recommendations above.
4. That the Wolverhampton Business Improvement District Business Plan and boundary be noted.
5. That it be noted that formal notice for the Ballot has been received therefore the Returning Officer has been instructed to organise the BID ballot in accordance with the Business Improvement District Regulations (2004).
Report author: Isobel Woods
Publication date: 12/09/2019
Date of decision: 11/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/09/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/09/2019