Decision Maker: Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the recommended fees and charges levied by the Council, to take effect from 1 November 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
1. That the fees and charges as set out in Appendices 1 and 2 to the report be approved to take effect from 1 November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
2. That authority be delegated to the responsible Cabinet Member in consultation with the relevant Director as appropriate to vary fees and charges as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 to the report.
3. That authority be delegated to the responsible Cabinet Member in consultation with the relevant Director as appropriate to approve any other fees and charges not detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 to the report.
4. That in the following instances, authority be delegated to the relevant Director in consultation with the Director of Finance, to vary existing fees and charges during the financial year:
a. Where the cost of food (including frozen food) and drink procured for resale or onward supply changes, fees and charges may be set taking the new costs into account.
b. Where short-term change in fees and charges to ensure that a business opportunity can be pursued or secured; if the change is for a period of more than three months then the change should be referred to Cabinet (Resources) Panel for decision during the three month period.
c. Where market conditions dictate, fees may be varied provided that satisfactory market information is maintained.
d. Charges to external organisations for bespoke professional services may be varied.
e. Court summons costs charged to council tax and business rates payers may be varied following default on payment.
f. Charges to schools/academies for services delivered under Service Level Agreements (SLAs) may be varied.
g. Library charges may be varied to fall in line with Black Country Libraries in partnership participating authorities (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton).
5. That should any amendments be made to the VAT treatment of specific fees and charges, authority to vary those fees and charges be delegated to the Cabinet Member for Resources, together with the responsible Cabinet Member, in consultation with the Director of Finance and the relevant Director.
6. That it be noted that the fees and charges for the following items, are not reviewed as part of the report as they will be subject to separate arrangements for their approval:
a. Adult social care contributions to care packages.
b. Street trading, Hackney Carriage and private hire licensing and general licensing charges.
c. Leisure Services.
7. That it be noted that the fees and charges which are no longer applicable have been excluded from Appendices 1 and 2 of the report.
Report author: Mohammed Hasan
Publication date: 01/10/2019
Date of decision: 01/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 01/10/2019 - Cabinet (Resources) Panel
Effective from: 08/10/2019