Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To provide the outcome of the external consultation exercise and to approve of the strategic policy document.
1. That the ‘City of Wolverhampton Education Place Planning 2020-2022’ strategic policy document be approved.
2. That the outcome of external consultation in relation to ‘City of Wolverhampton Education Place Planning 2020-2022’ strategic policy document be noted.
3. That the summary of discussions from the Extraordinary Children, Young People and Families Scrutiny Panel on 5 January 2021, regarding the ‘City of Wolverhampton Education Place Planning 2020-2022’ strategic policy document be noted.
4. That the impact of the demographic uplift on demand for schools in the City be noted.
5. That the need to identify and develop appropriate solutions to meet anticipated demand for primary and secondary educational provision in the future be noted.
6. That it be noted that the Regional Schools Commissioner is responsible for determining if academies can expand. The Council is not in full control of all the factors relating to the effective and timely supply of school places.
Report author: Bill Hague
Publication date: 21/01/2021
Date of decision: 20/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/01/2021 - Cabinet