Venue: Committee Room 1 - 3rd Floor - Civic Centre. View directions
Contact: Mike Hooper, Democratic Services Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01902 551250
Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
Ms J. Till, Section Leader, Licensing, provided an outline of the application. Mr C. Streeten, barrister acting on behalf of West Midlands Police, confirmed that the summary was accurate.
All parties agreed that the following three additional documents, which had been submitted to the Democratic Services Officer the previous day, could be considered in public session:
· Additional representation from West Midlands Police – A Witness Statement by PC Robin White;
· Additional representation from Mr H. Thomas, representing the Premises Licence Holder (PLH):
- Maplin Technical Support CCTV Install Summary, dated 2 March 2017;
- Maplin receipt for CCTV equipment;
- Maplin CCTV confirmation, dated 6March 2017;
- CCTV Staff Training Records;
- Digital Noise Monitor information;
- Maplin receipt for radio equipment;
- Noise Level Monitor Record;
- The Leon Group – Dealing with Drug Use in the Night Time Economy;
- Bond Street Tavern search policy;
- Door Supervisor Job Description / Person Specification;
- Disorder and Drunkenness Policy;
- Dispersal Policy;
- Door Supervisors Incident Book;
- Bond Street Tavern Confirmation of Onsite Visits, 17 February to 16 April 2017;
- CCTV stills showing door supervisors wearing hi-visibility clothing, 10-20 March 2017;
· Additional representation from Mr H. Thomas, representing the PLH – CCTV stills detailing searches undertaken upon entry.
The Chair invited the Review applicant to present the application. Mr Streeten did so.
The Chair afforded all parties present the opportunity to question the Review applicant in relation to its representation. Mr Streeten and Acting Inspector Davies provided responses to questions asked.
The Chair invited the PLH to make representations. Mr Thomas, Solicitor acting on behalf of the PLH, did so. The PLH confirmed that all that Mr Thomas had stated was correct.
The Sub-Committee adjourned for a short break at 12.02 pm.
The Hearing reconvened at 12.11 pm.
The Chair invited all parties present to question the PLH in relation to his submission. The PLH, Mr Thomas and and Mr Jonathan Leon of The Leon Group (premises security) provided responses to questions asked.
Following advice from the Council’s Senior Solicitor, one question from Mr Streeten was disregarded on the grounds that evidence to support it had not been disclosed.
The Chair invited the Licensing Authority to make representations. Mrs Elaine Moreton, Section Leader – Licensing, did so.
The Chair invited all parties present to question the Licensing Authority in relation to its submission. Mrs Moreton provided responses to questions asked.
The Chair invited Public Health to make representations. Mr Richard White did so.
The Chair invited all parties present to question Public Health in relation to its submission. Mr White provided responses to questions asked.
The Chair invited Casino 36, as Other Persons, to make representations. Mr Craig Dobson and Mr Chris Taylor did so.
Following a query from the Chair, the Council’s Senior Solicitor clarified that the Sub-Committee were not required to declare interests should they have taken part in a Licensing Committee site visit or a personal visit to Casino 36.
The Chair invited ... view the full minutes text for item 3.