- Meetings, agendas and minutes
City of Wolverhampton SACRE
Purpose of committee
The law says that Religious Education (RE) must be taught in all schools.
As RE is not part of the national curriculum, it is the responsibility of the LA to ensure there is a Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE) in place locally.
A SACRE is set up to represent a balance of all interests in the local community and give them the opportunity to influence what pupils learn in RE, with the primary role being to advise its LA on what needs to be done to improve RE and collective worship for schools in its area.
- Martin Gomberg (Chair) Representative of the Jewish Community
- Akeel Ahmed Representative of the Muslim Community
- Jaswinder Singh Chaggar Representative of the Sikh Community
- Mark Cooper Representative of the Church of England
- Kay Cresswell-Green Representative of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers
- Ourmala Devi Representative of Uplands Junior School
- Yvonne Fegan Representative of the National Association of Schoolmasters' Union of Women Teachers
- Fr. Craig Fullard Representative of the Roman Catholic Community
- Councillor Dr Michael Hardacre Cabinet Member for Education and Skills
- Rev. Stephen Jackson Representative of the Baptist Community
- Daniel Lee Representative of the Pentecostal Community
- Ven. Bante Tejwant Representative of the Buddhist Community
- Rebecca Wood Representative of the United Reformed Community
Support officer: Shelley Humphries. Tel: 01902 554070 email: firstname.lastname@example.org