- Meetings, agendas and minutes
Proposed Changes to Tettenhall Wood School
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Monday, 10th September, 2018 to Sunday, 7th October, 2018
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
On 21 November 2018, the Cabinet of the City of Wolverhampton Council considered the outcomes of consultation and approved the following changes to Tettenhall Wood School with effect from 1 September 2019:
· Expansion in capacity from 102 to 120 places.
· Change in age range from 5-19 to 4-19.
These decisions have been taken to support the City of Wolverhampton Council to develop high quality educational provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and to ensure that community needs can be met effectively.
Should you have any queries regarding this letter please do not hesitate to contact the Council’s SEND Team at or call 01902 551469.
Purpose of the consultation
The City of Wolverhampton Council proposes that with effect from 1 September 2019:
· The capacity of Tettenhall Wood School is increased from 102 places to 120 places.
· The age range of Tettenhall Wood School is changed from 5-19 to 4-19.
Pre-publication Consultation on the proposed prescribed alterations ran from 14 May 2018 until 17 June 2018.
The Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, in consultation with the Director of Education, recently reviewed the outcome of Pre-publication Consultation and approved progression to a period of Representation regarding the proposed prescribed alterations to Tettenhall Wood School.
Representation commenced on 10 September 2018 and concludes on 7 October 2018. In accordance with School Organisation Regulations, a Statutory Notice and Complete Proposal have been published (please see supporting documents).
We welcome stakeholders’ comments on the proposals. Any responses received will be considered by the Cabinet of the Council on 21 November 2018, when a final decision on the proposed prescribed alterations will be made.
Any person may object to or make comments on the proposal by writing to:
Tom Knott, SEND Commissioning Officer,
Education Department, City of Wolverhampton Council, 1st Floor, Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton, WV1 1RL
Or email: SENDteam@wolverhampton.gov.uk
The closing date for responses is 7 October 2018.
- Complete Proposal (including SEN Improvement Test - Tettenhall Wood School PDF 467 KB
- PUBLIC NOTICE - 10 SEPTEMBER 2018 PDF 113 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Telephone: 01902 551469