1. That the proposal for the redevelopment of New Park Village, Ellerton Walk, to include targeted demolition and rebuild be approved.
2. That it be agreed to cease letting of properties within the area of Ellerton Walk proposed for redevelopment, shown on the map at Appendix 1 to the report, and the use of these for temporary accommodation as appropriate until demolition plans progress.
3. That subject to the approval of recommendation 1 above, the Right to Buy of Council rented properties within the area of Ellerton Walk proposed for redevelopment, shown on the map at Appendix 1 to the report be suspended.
4. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing in consultation with the Director of City Assets and Housing to approve the detailed development of the proposed redevelopment programme and enter into any legal agreements or funding arrangements required for the delivery of this scheme.
5. That the principle of buying former council properties either leasehold or freehold on the estate to assist with the redevelopment proposals, and the funding of these purchases from the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) funds identified for the Ellerton Walk redevelopment be approved.
6. That authority be delegated to the Cabinet Member for City Assets and Housing in consultation with the Director of City Assets and Housing to approve individual property purchases by the HRA in support of the redevelopment proposals.
7. That the making of a compulsory purchase order (CPO) under Part II, Section 17, Housing Act 1985 if acquisition is not successful through voluntary negotiations with individual home owners be approved.
8. That the payment of Home loss and disturbance allowance payments for residents displaced by planned demolition, as identified during the redevelopment programme, in accordance with the Land Compensation Act 1973 be approved.
9. That further reports on the redevelopment proposals for the Ellerton Walk area, including those seeking approval of the final extent of the scheme, its cost, and the appointment of master planning architects and contractors be submitted to the Panel.
10. That the progress made to date on the consultation with New Park Village, Ellerton Walk Residents and the Board of the New Park Village Tenant Management Cooperative be noted.
11. That it be noted that the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Capital programme includes approved budgetary provision to fund the proposed redevelopment scheme.