Parks and Open Spaces Strategy - Capital Programme New!
Cabinet (Resources) Panel
31 Mar 2020
Notice of proposed decision first published: 20/03/2020
Reason for urgency:
An urgent decision is required:
• To accelerate the parks and open spaces strategy capital programme to provide accessible all inclusive play.
• To urgently address localised flooding that has recently become evident on Bushbury Recreation open space to mitigate the risk of flooding some properties built on the adjacent new development of the former Tapworks site.
• To provide access to recreational open space for residents of the new development on the former Tapworks site.
• To urgently address life expired play equipment at Northwood Park, Bushbury and Merridale Street open space, to mitigate the need to closing these play areas.
• To procure essential works at Ward Street to expediate gas main diversion works to ensure inclusive access for all to a new linear open space, and ensure that a European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) bid which includes circa £1,000,000 match funding is not put at risk
Anticipated restriction: Open -