- Meetings, agendas and minutes
Health Scrutiny Panel
Purpose of committee
The Panel has responsibility for Scrutiny functions as they relate to: -
· All health-related issues, including liaison with NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Health and Wellbeing Board and Healthwatch.
· All functions of the Council contained in the National Health Service Act 2006, to all regulations and directions made under the Health and Social Care Act 2001, the Local Authority (Overview and Scrutiny Committees Health Scrutiny Functions) Regulations 2002,
· The Health and Social Care Act 2012 and related regulations.
· Reports and recommendations to relevant NHS bodies, relevant health service providers, the Secretary of State or Regulators.
· Initiating the response to any formal consultation undertaken by relevant NHS Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups or other health providers or commissioners on any substantial development or variation in services.
· Participating with other relevant neighbouring local authorities in any joint scrutiny arrangements of NHS Trusts providing cross border services.
· Decisions made by or actions of the Health and Wellbeing Board.
· Public Health – Intelligence and Evidence
· Public Health – Health Protection and NHS Facing
· Public Health - Transformation
· Public Health – Commissioning
· Healthier City
· Mental Health
· Commissioning Mental Health and Disability
· HeadStart Programme
- Councillor Obaida Ahmed Labour
- Tracy Cresswell Healthwatch Wolverhampton
- Councillor Bhupinder Gakhal Labour
- Sheila Gill HealthWatch Wolverhampton
- Councillor Milkinderpal Jaspal Labour
- Councillor Lynne Moran Labour
- Councillor Phil Page (Chair) Labour
- Councillor Susan Roberts MBE Labour
- Councillor Paul Singh (Vice-Chair) Conservative
- Councillor Wendy Thompson Conservative
- Dana Tooby Healthwatch Wolverhampton
Support officer: Martin Stevens. Tel: 01902 550947 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org